We had a wonderful turn out at Pacesetter Gallery on October 12th’s meetup.
Past and upcoming events were discussed:
- Jackson Moon Circles at Holistic Health & Healing on October 9th
- Healthy Demo Day at Holistic Health & Healing on October 14th
- Zoe Ishee Halloween House Painting Workshop at Pacesetter Gallery on October 15th
- Levitate – An Aerial Sound Bath Experience with Jason Lee at Soul Synergy Rocks and Crystals on October 15th
- Community Reiki Share at Russells Yoga on October 19th
- Wellness Fair at Soul Synergy Rocks and Crystals on October 22nd
- Vibe Fest at Midtown Depot on October 29th
- The Temple of Witchcraft MS presents Samhain Mini-Festival at Tithelo Lake on November 5th
- Metaphysical Mississippi Meetup at Holistic Health & Healing on November 9th
Krista opened with a presentation on Halloween and asked people to share the significance of that special holiday in their own personal lives. People shared some of their traditions as well as ways the celebration has changed over the years.
Next, Krista presented the discussion topic “Masks We Wear” and the craft that followed. Many people like to wear masks at Halloween, yet we also do this in everyday life. We all have different roles to fill and sometimes we put on different faces for different people, situations and environments. Take a moment and think about those times you find it necessary or even beneficial to use a mask in your life. Some masks are not what we really want to portray, some are. What is your mask? What do you wish you could show the world without judgement or ridicule…THE TRUE you.
The night ended with fun had by all making masks and sharing their true selves!